Here's the Legal Stuff
It's a dry read but you should look it over
Terms of Service
ChangEd App Terms Agreement
This ChangEd App Terms Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“End User” or “you”) and ChangEd INC., a Delaware Corporation (“Company” or “we” or “us”). This Agreement governs your use of the ChangEd App, (including all related documentation, the “Application”). The Application is licensed, not sold, to you.
The Services provided through this Application help you pay off your student loans faster by rounding up your purchases to the next dollar. When the difference between your purchases and the rounded-up amount reaches or exceeds $5.00, ChangEd will transfer the funds to your FDIC-insured ChangEd account. When your ChangEd account balance reaches or exceeds your selected balance threshold, ChangEd will send a payment to your student loan account servicer. ChangEd can transfer a maximum of $500 per week to your loan servicer. If a refund of your ChangEd balance is requested the maximum amount that can be sent back to your account is $600 per day until your ChangEd account is fully refunded. To use this service, you will be required to submit bank account and student loan servicer information as provided below.
THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE CHANGED APP ARE PROVIDED THROUGH A PAID MONTHY SUBSCRIPTION THAT WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW EACH MONTH.
BY CHECKING THE CHECKBOX CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND AGREE TO THEM, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT INSTALL OR CONTINUE TO USE THE APPLICATION.
1. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ChangEd INC. grants you a limited, non-exclusive and nontransferable license to:
(a) download, install and use the Application for your personal, non-commercial use on a single mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you (“Mobile Device”) strictly in accordance with the Application’s documentation and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service; and
(c) You acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between ChangEd INC. and you only, and not with Apple, and that ChangEd INC., not Apple, is solely responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
2. License Restrictions. Licensee shall not:
(a) copy the Application, except as expressly permitted by this license;
(b) modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
(c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
(d) remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Application, including any copy thereof;
(e) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the Application or any features or functionality of the Application, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Application available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
(f) remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management or security features in or protecting the Application.
3. Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Application is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Application under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Application in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions, under this Agreement. ChangEd INC. and its service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title and interest in and to the Application, including all copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
5. Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the state of Illinois in the United States and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
6. Maintenance and Updates.
(a) Apple has no obligation to support. ChangEd INC. is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application, as specified in this Agreement, or as required under applicable law. ChangEd INC. and End User acknowledges that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
(b) Support. ChangEd INC. may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Application updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that ChangEd INC. has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
(i) the Application will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
(ii) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Third Party Beneficiary. ChangEd INC. and End User acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon End User’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement against End User as a third party beneficiary thereof.
8. Third Party Materials. The Application may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that ChangEd INC. is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. ChangEd INC. does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them at entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
9. Term and Termination.
(a) The term of this Agreement commences when you acknowledge your acceptance and will continue in effect until terminated by you or ChangEd INC. as set forth in this Section 0.
(b) You may terminate this Agreement by either (i) choosing “Cancel Service” from the “Settings” menu in the ChangEd App and following the instructions, or (ii) contacting ChangEd INC. at email@example.com and working with our staff to cancel your account.
(c) ChangEd INC. may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Application, which ChangEd INC. may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
(d) Upon termination:
(i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate;
(ii) ChangEd will cancel your account; and
(iii) you must cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your Mobile Device and account.
(e) Termination will not limit any of ChangEd INC.’s rights or remedies at law or in equity.
10. Monthly Subscription. The services provided through this Application are purchased as a paid Monthly Subscription. Subscription fees will be deducted from your SynapseFI User Account and transferred to ChangEd INC.. Through your acceptance of this agreement, you authorize this deduction and transfer of funds. Your subscription will automatically renew each month if you do not cancel it in accordance with this Agreement at least three (3) Business Days in advance of the Renewal Date.
(a) Renewal Date for Formerly Free Accounts. For End Users who enter into this Agreement with an existing free ChangEd SynapseFI User account, the Renewal Date for your Monthly Subscription shall the same day of the month as the date that you accept this Agreement.
(b) Renewal Date for New Accounts. For End Users who enter into this Agreement without an existing ChangEd SynapseFI User account, the Renewal Date for your Monthly Subscription shall the same day of the month as the first transfer of funds from your bank account to your SynapseFI User Account.
(c) Renewal Date in Short Months. In any month, if such month does not include the date on which the subscription would ordinarily be renewed (for example, if the month is February and the Renewal Date is the 31st), the Renewal Date shall be the last Business Day of that month.
(d) Renewal Date to Fall on Business Day. In any month, if the Renewal Date does not fall on a business day, the Renewal Date for that month shall be the following Business Day.
11. Cancellation Due to Failure to Provide Student Loan Account Information. If you fail to provide us with your student loan account information within 60 days of registration for ChangEd, we reserve the right to cancel your ChangEd subscription and refund or return any funds in your ChangEd Account in accordance with the refund and disposition of unclaimed funds provisions set forth in Sections 12 and 13 of this Agreement.
12. Refund after Cancellation. After cancellation in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, your Monthly Subscription will end on the renewal date. Any funds remaining in your SynapseFI User Account will be refunded within 10 business days to the bank account that you have registered with SynapseFI. You will not receive a refund of the fees paid for the period of service in which you canceled your subscription.
13. Disposition of Unclaimed Funds. If after cancellation the funds in your SynapseFI User Account cannot be refunded due to outdated, incorrect, or invalid bank account information, we will contact you at your email and postal addresses on file to alert you so that you may update your bank account information and receive a refund. If you fail to update your information, the Monthly Subscription fee will continue to be deducted from your SynapseFI User Account for up to sixty (60) months or until the account is balance is zero dollars ($0.00), whichever occurs first. If any funds remain in your SynapseFI User Account sixty (60) months after cancellation, we will again attempt to locate you. If we cannot, such funds will be presumed to have been abandoned. Abandoned funds will be handled in accordance with that state and federal laws governing unclaimed property.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CHANGED INC., ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, CHANGED INC. PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CHANGED INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
(a) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES
(b) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.
IN PARTICULAR, CHANGED INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES RELY ON YOUR INPUT OF CORRECT BANKING, LOAN SERVICE PROVIDER, AND OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APPLICATION. IN NO EVENT WILL CHANGED INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ERRONEOUS TRANSFERS OF, OR A FAILURE TO CORRECTLY TRANSFER, FUNDS WHERE SUCH ERROR OR FAILURE IS ATTRIBUTABLE TO INCORRECT BANKING, LOAN SERVICER PROVIDER OR OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR CHANGED INC. WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Limitations on Apple’s Obligations.
(a) ChangEd INC. is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, End User may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Application to that End User. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Licensed Application, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be ChangEd INC.’s sole responsibility.
(b) ChangEd INC. and End User acknowledge that ChangEd INC., not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims of End User or any third party relating to the Licensed Application or End User’s possession and/or use of that Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(c) ChangEd INC. and End User acknowledges that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or End User’s possession and use of that Application infringes on that third party’s intellectual property rights, Apple, will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
The following disclosures are made in accordance with the federal law regarding electronic
payments, deposits, transfers of funds and other electronic transfers to and from your
account(s). There may be limitations on account activity that restrict your ability to make
electronic fund transfers. Any such limits are disclosed in the appropriate agreements
governing your account.
1. Definitions: Electronic Fund Transfer: Any transfer of funds, other than a transaction
originated by check, draft or similar paper instrument, that is initiated through an electronic
device or computer to instruct us to debit or credit an account. Electronic Fund Transfers
include such electronic transactions as direct deposits or withdrawals of funds, transfers
initiated via telephone, website or mobile application. Preauthorized Electronic Fund
Transfer: An Electronic Fund Transfer that you have authorized in advance to recur at
substantially regular intervals; for example, direct deposits into or withdrawal of funds out of
2. Your Liability: Authorized Transfers: You are liable for all Electronic Fund Transfers that
you authorize, whether directly or indirectly. Unauthorized Transfers: Tell us at once if you
believe your account or PIN or Access Information (as defined below) is lost or stolen or has
been or may be subject to unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfers. Support message us
immediately to keep your possible losses to a minimum. You could lose all the money in
your account(s). If you tell us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft
of your account access device, or after learning of any other unauthorized transfers from
your account involving your account access device, you can lose no more than $50 if
Electronic Fund Transfers are made without your permission. For these transactions, if you
DO NOT tell us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss, theft or unauthorized
use, and we can establish that we could have prevented the unauthorized transfer(s) if you
had told us in time, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your periodic account
statement shows unauthorized transfers and you DO NOT tell us within sixty (60) days after
the statement was delivered to you, you may not get back any money you lose after the
sixty (60) day period if we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized
transfer(s) if you had told us in time. If an extenuating circumstance (such as extended
travel or hospitalization) prevents you from promptly notifying us of a suspected lost or
stolen access device or of any other suspected unauthorized transfer(s), the time periods
specified in this Section B may be extended for a reasonable period.
A. Errors or Questions about Transactions. Please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (1) if you believe a transaction receipt or a statement is wrong, or (2) if you need more information about a transaction on the receipt or statement. For consumer accounts, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. For business accounts, we must hear from you within one (1) business day of us sending you a receipt. Your inquiry must include: (x) your name, email associated with your account, and your account number (if available); (y) a description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and a clear explanation of why you believe there is an error or why you need more information; and (z) the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your inquiry via email within ten (10) business days.
B. Time Periods
1. Ten-Day Time Period - ChangEd will investigate promptly and, except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, shall determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days of receiving a notice of error. ChangEd shall report the results to the consumer in writing within three business days after completing its investigation. ChangEd shall correct the error within one business day after determining that an error occurred.
2. Forty Five-Day Time Period - If ChangEd is unable to complete its investigation within 10 business days, ChangEd may take up to 45 days from receipt of a notice of error to investigate and determine whether an error occurred, provided ChangEd does the following:
a) Provisionally credits the consumer's account in the amount of the alleged error (including interest where applicable) within 10 business days of receiving the error notice. ChangEd need not provisionally credit the consumer's account if:
(1) ChangEd does not receive written confirmation within 10 business days of an oral notice of error; or
(2) The alleged error involves an account that is subject to Regulation T (Securities Credit by Brokers and Dealers, 12 CFR part 220)
b) Informs the consumer, within two business days after the provisional crediting, of the amount and date of the provisional crediting and gives the consumer full use of the funds during the investigation;
c) Corrects the error, if any, within one business day after determining that an error occurred; and
d) Reports the results to the consumer within three business days after completing its investigation (including, if applicable, notice that a provisional credit has been made final).
3. Extension of time periods. The time periods described above may be extended as follows:
a) Extension of Ten-Day Time Period - The time limit for resolution is extended to 20 business days in place of 10 business days if the notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer to or from the account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made; or
b) Extension of Forty Five-Day Time Period - The time limit for resolution is extended to 90 days in place of 45 days for completing an investigation, if a notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer that occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made.
When you open a SynapseFI User Account, you will link a checking or savings account to perform ETF and, if applicable, deposit funds into your SynapseFI User Account. Deposits into your User Account are held by SynapseFI's financial institution partners as detailed in SynapseFI TOS. DEPOSITS HELD IN A USER ACCOUNT MAY BE ELIGIBLE INSURANCE BY THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (“FDIC”) ON A PER USER BASIS DEPENDING ON THE RULES AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH BY THE FDIC. FOR PURPOSES OF APPLICABLE FDIC DEPOSIT INSURANCE LIMITATIONS, DEPOSITS IN ACCOUNTS AT THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONAL PARTNER(S) OPENED THROUGH THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONAL PARTNER(S) WITH SynapseFI MAY NOT BE SEPARATELY INSURED FROM ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS YOU MAY HAVE OPENED WITH THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONAL PARTNER(S), DEPENDING ON THE NAMED ACCOUNT OWNERS.
I authorize ChangEd INC. to debit the account indicated for the recurring transactions according to the online form and my agreement with ChangEd INC.. I will not dispute ChangEd INC. so long as the transactions correspond to such terms. This payment authorization is valid and will remain effective unless I cancel this authorization by emailing ChangEd INC. at email@example.com at least 3 business days in advance.
All EFT transactions are performed by and deposits are held by SynapseFI financial institution partner. ChangEd INC. and SynapseFI only transmit transaction instructions to SynapseFI’s financial institution partner and do not hold deposits in your SynapseFI User Account. ChangEd INC. will provide you with all transactions notifications and User Account balances in addition to providing customer support relating to your SynapseFI User Account ad detailed below.
18. Transactions History and Disputes. All questions regarding ETF transactions or your SynapseFI User Account must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 557-9419 within (60) days and not to SynapseFI or its financial institution partners. ChangEd INC. is responsible for resolving issuers and errors relating to transactions and account balances. If you wish to make a financial service complaints against ChangEd INC., you may email help@SynapseFI.com.
20. Identifying Information. We may at any time require you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity. This information may include your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, or such other information or documentation as we may deem necessary. Such information may be required, for instance, in order to meet our legal obligations or the requirements of our financial service partners and their financial institution partners.
21. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ChangEd INC. and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Application or your breach of this Agreement. Furthermore, you agree that ChangEd INC. assumes no responsibility for the content you submit or make available through this Application.
22. Export Regulation. The Application may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the Application to, or make the Application accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the Application available outside the US.
23. Notice. ChangEd INC. may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, using any reasonable means, which may include email, SMS, MMS, text message or postings in the Service. Such notices may not be received if you violate this Agreement by accessing the Service in an unauthorized manner. You agree that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed the Service in an authorized manner.
24. Developer Contact Information. End User may direct questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Application to ChangEd INC. at:
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212
Chicago, IL 60654
25. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
26. Arbitration and Governing Law. Except for where prohibited by applicable law:
(a) The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or the Service shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against ChangEd INC. in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against ChangEd INC. any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
(b) By using the Application in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and ChangEd INC. (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
(c) Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against ChangEd INC. (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Cook County, Illinois. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
(d) This Agreement, and any dispute between you and ChangEd INC., shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
(e) For users residing in the European Union, Norway or elsewhere where this arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of Illinois, U.S.A., excluding Illinois’ conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Application. All claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Cook County, Illinois, USA, and you and ChangEd INC. consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
27. Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
29. Changes to the Agreement and Services. ChangEd reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement and the Services provided through the Application from time to time. If we make material changes to the Agreement, we will notify you either by sending you a notification by email, or by a notice displayed within the Application. Continued use of the Application following such notice will constitute your acceptance of the changes. If you do not wish to continue using the Application following such changes to the Agreement or the Services, you may cancel your subscription.
30. User Suggestions. From time to time, to provide the best service and user experience, ChangEd INC. may modify the Services provided through the Application based on your suggestions. By providing us with any such suggestions, you waive any moral rights you might have with respect to any such suggestions you provide to us. You also grant us the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you provide or otherwise submit to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, commercial purposes, and developing, manufacturing and marketing commercial products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
31. Survival. Any provision of this Agreement which contemplates performance or observance subsequent to any termination or expiration of this Agreement shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement and continue in full force and effect. Such provisions include but are not limited to sections governing refunds and unclaimed property.
32. Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
33. Business Day. "Business Day" means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or other day on which commercial banks in Chicago, Illinois are authorized or required by Law to be closed for business.
34. Non-transferable account. You agree that your Application account is non-transferable and all of your rights to your profile or contents within your Application account terminate upon your death. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you may not make any representations or bind ChangEd INC. in any manner.
Last modified: June 1, 2018
ChangEd Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
Our websites and apps, and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
As specified in the ChangEd Inc. Terms Agreement, the App is intended for use exclusively in the United States of America. The App is NOT intended for use in jurisdictions subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
This information may include:
Failure to provide certain Personal Information may make it impossible for this App to provide its services. Users are responsible for any Personal Information of third parties obtained, published or shared through this App and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the information to ChangEd Inc..
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or register for an account through this App. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for:
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
To allow other App users with separate accounts to make payments on your behalf, we need to share some of your personal information with the App users who want to make such payments. Your name, phone number, photo, or other personal information you give ChangEd permission to share may be provided to users who wish to make payments towards your loans. We may share this information when you invite another user to contribute to your loan repayment, when another user seeks out your user profile, or when a payment is made on your behalf.
We will not disclose your loan repayment status, transaction activity, account balances, or other sensitive financial information to anyone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
If you are an App user making payments on behalf of another App user some of your personal information may be disclosed to other users. This information may include your name, phone number, photo, or other personal information you allow us to share. While your transaction activity and financial information will be not be shared, the amount you contribute to another user’s loan repayment, whether through rounding up transactions or one-time payments, will be shared with that user.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties include:
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Please be advised that some of our third-party partners may conduct all or part of their business in jurisdictions subject to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). ChangEd Inc. makes no warranties that third parties are compliant with the GDPR.
Facebook permissions asked by this App
The following Facebook permissions are asked:
Detailed Third-Party Usage and Information Processing
If desired, you may request additional information regarding third-party use of your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about Information collection and processing
Legal action. The User’s Personal Information may be used for legal purposes by ChangEd Inc., in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this App or the related services. The User declares to be aware that the ChangEd Inc. may be required to reveal Personal Information upon request of public authorities.
System logs and maintenance. For operation and maintenance purposes, this App and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this App (System logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Information (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy. More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Information may be requested from ChangEd Inc. at any time. Please see the contact information at the end of this document.
The rights of Users. Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Information has been stored and can consult ChangEd Inc. to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This App does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide:
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and information relating to financial transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We process your Personal Information in a proper manner and will take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of that information. Information processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to ChangEd Inc., in some cases, the information may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, by us as Information Processors. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
Your Personal Information is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact ChangEd Inc. at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the you or stated by the purposes outlined in this document. You can always close your account and request that we suspend or remove the data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Additional Definitions and Legal References
“Personal Information” (or “Information”) Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
“Usage Data” Information collected automatically from this App (or third party services employed in this App), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this App, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the App) and the details about the path followed within the App with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
“User” The individual using this App, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Information Subject, to whom the Personal Information refers.
“Information Subject” The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Information refers.
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212
Work @ ChangEd