Tropical Financial Credit Union’s ChangEd/Tropical Survey Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE
WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES,
AGE 18 OR OLDER.
Tropical Financial Credit Union’s ChangEd/Tropical Survey Sweepstakes. Tropical Financial Credit Union checking account holders that enroll in ChangEd by December 15, 2018 and fill out a participant survey are eligible to win a $100 Amazon digital gift card. Here are these official sweepstakes rules:
1. ENTRY PERIOD:
The Tropical Financial Credit Union ChangEd/Tropical Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Tropical Financial Credit Union (“Tropical Financial”) and ChangEd Inc. (ChangEd) (hereinafter, the “Sponsors”). The sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM ET on [October 31, 2018] and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on [December 15, 2018] (“Entry Period”).
2. SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: Sponsors; any of Sponsors’ parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising and promotion agencies; and any employee, officer, director, representative or agent of any of the foregoing persons and the immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Eligibility may be verified by Sponsors at any time. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsors whose decisions are final.
3. TO PARTICIPATE:
Eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the participant survey available on the ChangEd app website. Eligible participants may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Tropical Financial Credit Union, Attn: Tropical Financial/ChangEd Survey Sweepstakes, P.O. BOX 829517, Pembroke Pines, FL 33082-9917.” There is no monetary cost to enter the Sweepstakes. No purchase is required.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address regardless of method of entry.
Entries must be received by Sponsors no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on December 15, 2018. Any attempt by a person to use multiple identities, fraudulent transactions, or canceled transactions to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification in Sponsors’ sole discretion. By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsors. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Sponsors upon submission. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsors in writing if the entrant changes his or her telephone number during the Sweepstakes.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS: On or about December 18, 2018, a number randomizer will select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZE: Sweepstakes winner will receive (1) $100 Amazon digital gift card. The Prize will be procured, administered, and distributed by ChangEd Incorporated. The total maximum retail value of Prize is $100 USD. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation. No prize transfer. No other prize substitution except at Sponsors sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize winner may be required to return an IRS W-9 form within the time period specified by Sponsors, and such winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 issued in his/her name for the actual value of prizes received if required by law.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The potential winner will be notified by email within two weeks after the survey closes to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the Prize. Any such email will instruct the potential winner to reply by email within four weeks (January 26, 2019 by 12:00pm EST). Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the Prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such four week period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsors’ sole discretion, a potential winner may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. If the potential winner does not respond within the four week time period, Sponsors reserve the right to forfeit the Prize. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim the Prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsors’ sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or any forms sent to potential winner are not timely returned as instructed. In the event of disqualification of a winner or potential winner, at Sponsors’ sole discretion the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner (or runner-up) selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsors for any incorrect or missing postal address, email address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, email or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. Prizes will be emailed within 5 days of receiving the potential winner’s email address. Sponsors will hold all winning entries for at least 14 days following the completion of the Sweepstakes schedule.
7. WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsors. You further grant Sponsors and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content if they choose. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsors in writing if the entrant changes his or her email or postal address or telephone number during the Sweepstakes.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsors, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, or any wholesalers, retailers, importers, or distributors together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; [b] interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through and/or by the Sweepstakes Page; [c] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; [d] failed, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; [e] any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic, cellular telephone related or otherwise; [f] traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or wireless phone/handset related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; [g] late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries, email messages, or postage-due mail; [h] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsors that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or [i] printing errors in Sweepstakes / advertising materials. By entering and participating, entrants agree to: [a] abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes; [b] the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Sponsors and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of their names on the Sweepstakes Page, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to the winner to the extent permitted by law; and [c] to release, discharge and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsors’ sole discretion and selection of an alternate winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized survey URL- https://www.gochanged.com/tfcu-survey Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any unauthorized Internet web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any potential winner who entered by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsors’ satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsors’ satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any associated web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsors, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsors in its sole discretion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS, ITS LICENSEES AND/OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PAGE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES PAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SWEEPSTAKES PAGE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. SEVERABILITY/HEADINGS: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
10. WINNER LIST: For a list of the winners of the Sweepstakes or for a copy of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 1, 2019 to Sponsors at the below address.
Additional terms and conditions related to Tropical Financial Checking Accounts are located within the Tropical Financial Credit Union website: https://www.tropicalfcu.com/compare-miami-floridas-best-checking-accounts
Additional terms and conditions related to Tropical Financial Student Roundup program powered by ChangEd are located within the Tropical Financial Credit Union website: https://www.tropicalfcu.com/changed
Tropical Financial Credit Union 3050 Corporate Way, Miramar, FL 33025
ChangEd Inc. 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Chicago, IL 60654
© 2018 Tropical Financial Credit Union. The Tropical Financial logo is a federally registered trademark of Tropical Financial Credit Union Corporation.